Omicron Grants Scheme Announced
Here are the main details regarding the Omicron Grants Schemes for England, announced by the Chancellor this afternoon.
What is the aim of the grants?
- To support businesses that are in difficulties due to the Omicron variant and the dual impact of staff absences and lower consumer demand.
What type of Omicron grants will be on offer?
- There is a targeted grant to be made available to the hospitality and leisure sector, defined as providing accommodation, food and beverage services.
- The Government will top up the Additional Restrictions Grant fund for local authorities to use at their discretion to support struggling businesses not within the hospitality sector.
- The Government will also be putting more funding into the Culture Recovery Fund to support organisations such as theatres, orchestras and museums through to March 2022.
- Businesses based in England.
- The business must be solvent and ratepayers in the hospitality and leisure sector.
- Examples of eligible businesses are pubs, hotels, restaurants, bars, cinemas and amusement parks.
What is the amount of the targeted grant?
- Grants are per premises.
- The amount paid is varied by rateable value of each eligible premises.
- £2,700 for businesses with a rateable value of £15,000 or under
- £4,000 for businesses with a rateable value between £15,000 and £51,000.
- £6,000 for businesses with a rateable value of over £51,000.
How do I apply for the targeted grant?
- Through your Local Authority.
More details will follow once released.
About Jon Pryse-Jones
Since joining THP in 1978, Jon Pryse-Jones has been hands on with every area of the business. Now specialising in strategy, business planning, and marketing, Jon remains at the forefront of the growth and development at THP.
An ideas man, Jon enjoys getting the most out of all situations, “I act as a catalyst for creative people and encourage them to think outside the box,” he says, “and I’m not afraid of being confrontational. It often leads to a better result for THP and its clients.”
Jon’s appreciation for THP extends to his fellow team members and the board. “They really know how to run a successful business,” he says. He’s keen on IT and systems development as critical to success, and he continues to guide THP to be at the cutting edge and effective.