Job TitleAccounts and Audit Senior Wanstead London (Qualified)
Job TypePermanent - 37.5 hrs per week
Accounts and Audit Senior Wanstead London
We are looking for a qualified ACA/ACCA with a minimum of 3 to 4 years practice experience looking to further develop their skills and qualification in a well established and ambitious practice. The role of Accounts and Audit Senior Wanstead London will be working closely with one of the Client Managers at Wanstead assisting him with his portfolio of audit and OMB clients and assisting our busy professional team delivering our full range of services to our diverse client base.
Who are THP Accountants ?
We are a growing firm of accountants with 4 offices located in Wanstead, Cheam, Chelmsford and Saffron Walden. There are just over 40 of us in the THP family with the vast majority of the team being with us for over 10 years.
As a firm we believe in putting our team and clients first, we have a family feel and recognise the importance of a happy workforce. As a THP team member, you would receive a competitive salary, benefits that increase with service, great CPD and additional benefits including Simplyhealth and Perkbox (Google them, they’re great!)
Main Responsibilities of Accounts and Audit Senior Wanstead London include:-
Accounts & General Practice
- Complete sets of accounts, working from source documents/records to final accounts for review by the appropriate manager/senior
- Prepare and work on a wide range of accounts – Limited Company, Sole Trader, Partnership, Group etc.
- Dealing with a varied client portfolio including OMBs, advertising, retail, construction, contractors, doctors etc.
- Input data onto Iris
- Calculate accruals and prepayments and supporting schedules
- Prepare and check fixed asset registers
- Xero user who can assist the team with queries together with clients as and when required
- Preparation of corporation tax returns and self-assessment returns.
- Developing relationships with clients with a view to becoming the other point of contact for any initial accounts, tax or VAT queries
- Attend client meetings
- Liaising with HMRC on behalf of clients
- Effectively manage time to ensure work is completed within agreed time and budget
- Team management, identifying any training needs and providing guidance to junior team members ensuring cohesion amongst the close knit team
- Dealing with general incoming client queries and escalating when required
- Work with a variety of systems including – FreeAgent, Xero, IRIS, Pro-Audit, SAGE and Quickbooks
- Opportunity to be involved in ad-hoc client projects
Audit & Financial Reporting
- Assist the audit Manager and Director in the planning phase
- Take the lead in the execution phase of statutory audits of UK headquartered medium and large companies and groups
- Responsible for the completion of the file up to manager or Director review, including supervising and reviewing the work of junior staff
- Deal directly with clients to resolve technical and challenging issues, including agreement of audit adjustments
- Prepare client statutory accounts under FRS102, including UK and international group consolidations
- Complete draft corporate tax computations for review by tax manager
- Prepare additional analysis as required by the client
- Attend client finalisation meetings with the audit partner
- Assist the audit partners in carrying out ad hoc assignments for audit and larger clients.
Skills, Experience and Attributes required:-
- ACA or ACCA qualified with 3/4 years’ experience in a practice environment
- Strong literacy and numeracy skills
- Experience to include mentoring junior team members
- Up to date statutory accounts knowledge and sound accounting, corporate/personal tax and VAT technical knowledge is required
- Must possess a client focused attitude and have proven experience of building and maintaining relationships with clients
- Experience of working with a variety of clients.
- Acute sense of fine detail and the ability to analyse and solve more complex accounting queries.
- Excellent IT skills, including Microsoft Word and Excel, IRIS, Xero, SAGE, FreeAgent and Quickbooks
- Ability to work to and manage tight deadlines, and be flexible in approach
- Excellent Communication – oral and written, ability to deal with variety of people in different environments
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Adaptable to change
- Organised – ability to deal with a variety of tasks and managing a varied workload
- Commercially aware
- Team building skills
- Be positive and committed to THP in dealings with both clients and team members
Simply fill out this form and attach your CV with a Covering letter
Making decisions by gut feel, or being led by your heart, has often brought you great success. You know what you want, and you go for it. You’re confident.
Simply fill out this form and attach your CV with a Covering letter (.pdf, .doc, .docx files only):