Job TitleAudit and Accounts Senior Wanstead London
Job TypePermanent - 37.5 hrs per week
Audit and Accounts Senior Wanstead London
We are looking for a qualified, ACA/ACCA with well rounded experience in both audit and accounts looking to further develop their skills and career in a well-established and ambitious office. The focus on the role of Audit and Accounts Senior Wanstead London will be on the delivery of audit, financial reporting and related services to the expanding Medium/Large corporate business client base. The role also includes exposure to all aspects of general practice, ranging from personal and corporate tax, management reporting and other services.
Who are THP Accountants ?
We are a growing firm of accountants with 4 offices located in Wanstead, Cheam, Chelmsford and Saffron Walden. There are just over 40 of us in the THP family with the vast majority of the team being with us for over 10 years.
As a firm we believe in putting our team and clients first, we have a family feel and recognise the importance of a happy workforce. As a THP team member, you would receive a competitive salary, benefits that increase with service, great CPD and additional benefits including Simplyhealth and Perkbox (Google them, they’re great!)
Main Responsibilities of Audit and Accounts Senior Wanstead London include:-
Accounts & General Practice
- Complete sets of accounts, working from source documents/records to final accounts for review by the appropriate manager/senior
- Prepare and work on a wide range of accounts – Limited Company, Sole Trader, Partnership, Group etc.
- Dealing with a varied client portfolio including OMBs, advertising, retail, construction, contractors, doctors etc.
- Input data onto Iris
- Calculate accruals and prepayments and supporting schedules
- Prepare and check fixed asset registers
- Xero user who can assist the team with queries together with clients as and when required
- Preparation of corporation tax returns and self-assessment returns.
- Developing relationships with clients with a view to becoming the other point of contact for any initial accounts, tax or VAT queries
- Attend client meetings
- Liaising with HMRC on behalf of clients
- Effectively manage time to ensure work is completed within agreed time and budget
- Team management, identifying any training needs and providing guidance to junior team members ensuring cohesion amongst the close knit team
- Dealing with general incoming client queries and escalating when required
- Work with a variety of systems including – FreeAgent, Xero, IRIS, Pro-Audit, SAGE and Quickbooks
- Opportunity to be involved in ad-hoc client projects
Auditing and financial reporting
- Assist the audit partner in the planning phase
- Take the lead in the execution phase of statutory audits of UK headquartered medium and large companies and groups
- Responsible for the completion of the file up to manager or Director review, including supervising and reviewing the work of junior staff
- Deal directly with clients to resolve technical and challenging issues, including agreement of audit adjustments
- Prepare client statutory accounts under FRS102, including UK and international group consolidations
- Complete draft corporate tax computations for review by tax manager
- Prepare additional analysis as required by the client
- Attend client finalisation meetings with the audit partner
- Assist the audit partners in carrying out ad hoc assignments for audit and larger clients, including:-
- Due Diligence
- Internal audit
- Share valuations
- Systems reviews
Skills, Experience and Attributes required:-
- Ideally qualified (ACA/ACCA) or experienced QBE may be considered
- Strong literacy and numerical skills
- Proven double entry bookkeeping skills
- Basic tax knowledge – how to do corporation tax computations, PAYE, VAT
- Computer experience – Proaudit, IRIS, Sage, Excel, Word
- Currently working within a practice environment (2-3 years’ experience) with solid audit exposure
- Good up-to-date technical knowledge including recent developments in accounting standards
- Communication – oral and written, ability to deal with variety of people in different environments
- Organised – ability to deal with a variety of tasks and managing a varied workload
- Client focused
- Commercially aware
Simply fill out this form and attach your CV with a Covering letter
Making decisions by gut feel, or being led by your heart, has often brought you great success. You know what you want, and you go for it. You’re confident.
Simply fill out this form and attach your CV with a Covering letter (.pdf, .doc, .docx files only):