Job TitleBookkeeper Chelmsford Essex
Job TypeFull Time or Part Time
Bookkeeper Chelmsford Essex
We are looking for an experienced client Bookkeeper to join the team at our office in Chelmsford in Essex. Working closely with the Manager, you will be responsible for ensuring that a high level of service and quality work is always delivered. Successful candidates will be encouraged to further develop their skills in a well-established and ambitious practice whilst assisting our busy professional team with delivering our full range of services to our diverse client base.
- Complete client bookkeeping both in the office and occasionally at client’s premises from source documents using Xero and other software.
- Xero user who can assist the team with queries together with clients as and when required
- Analyse and reconcile VAT returns, preparation of VAT returns
- Understanding of accruals and prepayments
- Assist with the preparation of year end accounts in relation to reconciling all control accounts on bookkeeping software.
- Prepare or check fixed asset registers
- Effectively manage time to ensure that jobs are finished within budget
- Assist with production of management accounts monthly and quarterly for reporting and projection purposes
- Complete any other duties as requested
- Dealing with general client queries
- Opportunity to be involved in ad-hoc client projects.
Skills, Experience and Attributes required :-
- Experienced in bookkeeping
- Strong literacy and numerical skills
- Proven double entry bookkeeping skills & understanding
- Software –Xero, Sage, Freeagent, Excel, Word
- Currently working within a practice environment (1-2 years’ experience) with solid Bookkeeping exposure
- Good up-to-date technical knowledge
- Communication – oral and written, ability to deal with variety of people in different environments
- Organised – ability to deal with a variety of tasks and managing a varied workload
- Client focused
- Commercially aware
Simply fill out this form and attach your CV with a Covering letter
Making decisions by gut feel, or being led by your heart, has often brought you great success. You know what you want, and you go for it. You’re confident.
Simply fill out this form and attach your CV with a Covering letter (.pdf, .doc, .docx files only):