Who are THP Accountants?
We are a growing firm of accountants with 5 offices located in Wanstead, Cheam, Chelmsford, Saffron Walden and City. There are approximately 50 of us in the THP family with the vast majority of the team being with us for over 10 years.
As a firm we believe in putting our team and clients first, we have a family feel and recognise the importance of a happy workforce, as a THP team member you would receive a competitive salary, benefits that increase with service, great CPD and additional benefits including perk box (google it, it’s great!)
We are looking for someone to review work from a mixed portfolio and deal with accounts, audit, tax and cloud accounting queries enabling the director’s to focus on developing the practice and providing a consultative service to existing clients.
- Assisting the Directors and other manager’s with job planning and workflow, including working closely OMB department
- Dealing with a varied client portfolio (T/O up to £5million) including OMBs, advertising, retail, construction, contractors etc…
- Reviewing a wide range of accounts – Limited, sole trader, partnership, LLP’s etc. Identifying and making adjustments where necessary
- Finalising accounts under the overall control of the Directors
- Preparation of corporation tax returns and self-assessment returns.
- Providing a management accounts service to clients to include forecasting and budgeting
- Supporting the team with more complex accounts work e.g. intercompany transactions
- Management, review and preparation of personal tax returns
- Developing relationships with clients with a view to becoming their primary point of contact for any initial accounts, tax or VAT queries
- Attend client meetings on a regular basis
- Liaising with HMRC on behalf of clients
- Ensure work is completed within agreed time and budget
- Team management, identifying any training needs and providing guidance to junior team members ensuring cohesion amongst the close knit team
- Dealing with general incoming client queries and escalating when required
- Identify cross selling opportunities
- Work with a variety of systems including – FreeAgent, Xero, IRIS, SAGE and Quickbooks
- Opportunity to be involved in ad-hoc client projects
- Responsible for managing their portfolio to include, quotes, fees, managing WIP etc.
Involvement in assisting with audit assignments (T/O up to £25 million) as and when required (a knowledge or exposure to audit will be advantages but audit specialism is not a requirement)
Skills, Experience and Attributes required:-
- ACA or ACCA qualified with 5 years’ experience in a practice environment
- Strong literacy and numeracy skills
- Experience to include supervising a team, mentoring junior team members and having responsibility for managing a portfolio
- Up to date statutory accounts knowledge and sound accounting, corporate/personal tax and VAT technical knowledge is required
- Experience of preparing Management accounts (to include forecasting and budgeting)
- Must possess a client focused attitude and have proven experience of building and maintaining relationships with clients
- Experience of working with a variety of clients.
- Acute sense of fine detail and the ability to analyse and solve more complex accounting queries.
- Excellent IT skills, including Microsoft Word and Excel, IRIS, Xero, SAGE, FreeAgent and Quickbooks
- Ability to work to and manage tight deadlines, and be flexible in approach
- Excellent Communication – oral and written, ability to deal with variety of people in different environments
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Adaptable to change
- Organised – ability to deal with a variety of tasks and managing a varied workload
- Commercially aware
- Team building skills
- Be positive and committed to THP in dealings with both clients and team members
Simply fill out this form and attach your CV with a Covering letter
Making decisions by gut feel, or being led by your heart, has often brought you great success. You know what you want, and you go for it. You’re confident.
Simply fill out this form and attach your CV with a Covering letter (.pdf, .doc, .docx files only):