Job TitleTax Senior – Wanstead London
Job TypePermanent - 37.5 hrs per week
Tax Senior – mixed
We are looking for an experienced Tax Senior (mixed) to assist the busy professional team with delivering our full range of services from our offices in Wanstead London to our diverse client base.
Who are THP Accountants ?
We are a growing firm of accountants with 4 offices located in Wanstead, Cheam, Chelmsford and Saffron Walden. There are just over 40 of us in the THP family with the vast majority of the team being with us for over 10 years.
As a firm we believe in putting our team and clients first, we have a family feel and recognise the importance of a happy workforce. As a THP team member, you would receive a competitive salary, benefits that increase with service, great CPD and additional benefits including Simplyhealth and Perkbox (Google them, they’re great!)
Main Responsibilities of Tax Senior Wanstead London
This list is not intended to be exhaustive nor is the order of listing to be taken as an indication of importance:-
Personal and Corporate Tax
- Prepare corporation tax computations and LLP income tax computations and review those prepared by the accounts/audit team for corporate client.
- Preparation/review of personal tax returns.
- Preparation/review of forms P11D.
- Point of contact for clients.
- Liaising with HMRC on behalf of clients.
- Dealing with HMRC enquiries into personal and corporate tax returns.
- Working with Managers and Directors on tax advisory projects for existing clients and prospects (for example, restructuring/reorganisations, remuneration planning, incorporations, share buy-backs, R&D tax credits, EMI schemes, EIS and SEIS applications).
- Assisting the Managers and Directors with research into other technical areas.
- Training and supervision of junior team members.
- Involvement in management of the team.
- Preparation of fees for clients.
Working with 3rd party specialist providing information and being point of contact on more complex matters.
Skills, Experience and Attributes required:-
- Preferably CTA Qualified or Part Qualified, however candidates with ACA/ACCA/ATT or QBE who have been working in tax long term gaining the skills outlined for the role.
- Strong literacy and numerical skills
- Strong base of experience in a mixed tax role, preferably with a minimum of 50% Corporate Tax practical knowledge.
- Strong IT skills – Excel and ideally Iris
- A minimum of 3 years practice experience
- Good up-to-date technical knowledge including recent developments within the tax arena
- Communication – oral and written, ability to deal with variety of people in different environments
- Organised – ability to deal with a variety of tasks and managing a varied workload
- Client focused
- Commercially aware
- Team building skills
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Adaptable to change
- Be positive and committed to THP in dealings with both clients and team members
Simply fill out this form and attach your CV with a Covering letter
Making decisions by gut feel, or being led by your heart, has often brought you great success. You know what you want, and you go for it. You’re confident.
Simply fill out this form and attach your CV with a Covering letter (.pdf, .doc, .docx files only):