Mergers and Acquisitions Services
Successfully acquiring or merging with another business can boost your competitiveness, increase your margins and improve your market position. But it can be a risky process. Get it wrong and you could end up paying too much for a target company, be saddled with unexpected costs or fail to spot nasty, hidden surprises in the other firm’s accounting records.
That’s why it’s wise to work with an accountant that has dirt-under-the-fingernails experience of acquisitions and mergers. Not only have we guided numerous firms through the process, we’ve been through the process many times ourselves when merging with a significant number of other accountancy practices since 1985.
Whether you are selling your business, buying another or want to merge, we can help you at every step of the way – from valuation to negotiation and completion.
Read on to learn how our mergers and acquisitions services can benefit you.
How we can help you
If you are buying or selling your business for a merger or acquisition, our expert team can help you in the following ways:
- Identifying potential business targets. We’ll use our industry knowledge to locate target companies that are a good financial and cultural fit with your business.
- Screening targeted businesses for suitability. We can take a detailed view of a firm’s financial situation and check there are no problems hidden in its balance sheet.
- Managing the due diligence process. We’ll help you understand the target company’s obligations, contracts and agreements – and check for current or potential litigation.
- Assisting you to raise capital. We can help you find suitable lenders and backers.
- Planning to save you tax. We will advise on the most tax-efficient methods of acquiring or merging with another business.
- Aligning different share structures. We’ll help to make shareholding structures consistent, transparent and fair.
- Helping you negotiate the best possible price. Whether you are buying or selling, we can undertake a detailed business valuation. We will also help you develop a robust acquisition strategy.
If you have specific requirements not covered here, please get in touch. We will always work with you to create the bespoke mergers or acquisitions strategy you need. When it comes to mergers and acquisitions, it is a massive advantage if you have an experienced firm working on your side.
Meet our Mergers & Acquisitions Team
Our mergers and acquisitions team brings you significant experience in identifying and identifying target businesses, as well as negotiating and completing successful deals. Based in our offices at Wanstead, Sutton and Chelmsford, it helps firms throughout London, Essex, Kent and further afield.