- Job TitleAccounts Semi-Senior
- LocationTHP Cheam
- Job TypePermanent - Full-time 37.5 hrs pw
Who are THP Accountants?
We are a growing firm of accountants with 4 offices located in London, Cheam, Chelmsford and Saffron Walden. There are just over 40 of us in the THP family with the vast majority of the team being with us for over 10 years.
As a firm we believe in putting our team and clients first, we have a family feel and recognise the importance of a happy workforce, as a THP team member you would receive a competitive salary, benefits that increase with service, great CPD and additional benefits including perk box (google it, it’s great!)
We are looking for a QBE, part qualified ACA/ACCA or stopped studier semi-senior, looking to further develop their skills in a well-established and ambitious practice assisting our busy professional team with delivering our full range of services to our diverse client base.
This position reports into our Client Managers and Directors based in our Cheam Office.
This list is not intended to be exhaustive nor is the order of listing to be taken as an indication of importance.
Accounts & General Practice
- Preparing sets of accounts, working from source documents/records to final accounts for review by the appropriate manager/senior
- Prepare and work on a wide range of accounts – Limited Company, Sole Trader, Partnership etc.
- Input data into Iris
- Analyse and reconcile VAT returns, preparation of VAT returns
- Prepare sales and purchase control accounts
- Calculate accruals and prepayments and supporting schedules
- Prepare or check fixed asset registers
- Effectively manage time to ensure that jobs are finished within budget
- Preparing management accounts monthly and quarterly for reporting and projection purposes for review by the appropriate manager/senior
- Resolving simple queries and referring more complex issues to more senior members of staff
- Drafting Corporate & Personal Tax computations
- Complete any other duties as requested
- Complete company secretarial work
Opportunity to be involved in ad-hoc client projects
This list is not intended to be exhaustive nor is the order of listing to be taken as an indication of importance
Skills, Experience and Attributes required:-
- Ideally part qualified (ACA/ACCA) or QBE considered
- Strong literacy and numerical skills
- Proven double entry bookkeeping skills
- Basic tax knowledge – how to do personal and corporate tax computations, PAYE, VAT
- Computer experience – Xero, Excel, Word and ideally Iris
- Currently working within a practice environment (2.5+ years’ experience)
- Good up-to-date technical knowledge including recent developments in accounting standards
- Communication – good oral and written communication, ability to deal with a variety of people in different environments
- Organised – ability to deal with a variety of tasks and managing a varied workload
- Client focused
- Commercially aware.
Simply fill out this form and attach your CV with a Covering letter
Making decisions by gut feel, or being led by your heart, has often brought you great success. You know what you want, and you go for it. You’re confident.
Simply fill out this form and attach your CV with a Covering letter (.pdf, .doc, .docx files only):