Job TitleBookkeeper & Payroll Assistant – Saffron Walden, Essex
LocationTHP Saffron Walden
Job TypeFull Time
We are searching for a client Bookkeeper & Payroll Assistant who is looking to develop their skills in a well-established and ambitious practice, assisting the professional team in delivering services to a diverse client base.
The role will also involve supporting the team with various administration tasks as needed.
- Complete client bookkeeping from source documents using Xero and other software.
- Analyse and reconcile VAT returns, preparation of VAT returns
- Assist with the preparation of year end accounts in relation to reconciling all control accounts on bookkeeping software.
- Prepare or check fixed asset registers
- Effectively manage time to ensure that jobs are finished within budget
- Complete any other duties as requested
- Dealing with general client queries
- Assisting the Payroll Manager with the running of client payroll using a cloud software product
- Holiday cover as required
- Involvement in various project work to include a planned migration to new software
Ad hoc tasks as required, to include:
- Handling daily post
- Managing office supplies
- Managing our client engagement and disengagement processes
Skills, Experience and Attributes required
This list is not intended to be exhaustive nor is the order of listing to be taken as an indication of importance.
- Experienced in Bookkeeping
- Basic knowledge of Payroll
- Strong literacy and numerical skills
- Proven double entry bookkeeping skills & understanding
- Software experience with Xero, Sage, Freeagent, Excel, Word
- Good up-to-date technical knowledge
- Communication – oral and written, ability to deal with variety of people in different environments
- Organised – ability to deal with a variety of tasks and manage a varied workload
- Client focused
- Commercially aware
Simply fill out this form and attach your CV with a Covering letter
Making decisions by gut feel, or being led by your heart, has often brought you great success. You know what you want, and you go for it. You’re confident.
Simply fill out this form and attach your CV with a Covering letter (.pdf, .doc, .docx files only):